Oct 1, 2014

On Breaking Ground


Fresh starts. Put your past behind you, and start over. It is hard to resist the chance at a new beginning. A chance to put the problems of the past to bed. But who gets to determine when the old ends and the new begins? It is not a day in the calendar, not a birthday, not a new year. It is an event. Big or small. Something that changes us. Ideally, it gives us hope.

 A new way of living and looking at the world- letting go of old habits, old memories. What is important is that we never stop believing we can have a new beginning. But it's also important to remember that amid all the crap are a few things really worth holding on to. 

This was the outfit I wore to a very important day in my life and starting over (yet again) as I wore this to the ground breaking of my soon to be future home which I find something good to look forward to. Hopefully, like me, this represents a transition into something new, something bigger and better. This is also what makes the outfit quite monumental. It signifies a fresh start and a new beginning for me. 









Black Cape: Glitterati
 Red Dress: Zara
Two-tone Wedged Pumps: Aldo (Also worm HERE)
Pearl Earrings: Mikimoto
Watch: Murano
Black and Red Bag: Chanel (Also worm HERE)

Let me tell you about new beginnings: it is when you wake up with the feeling of wanting- no, needing to be more precise, to be better, to make change. All the time we've spent hemming and hawing about the kind of person we want to be but hesitating, for unexplained reasons to make the quantum leap and you realize that today is the day you begin the becoming. Today is the day you become. That day when I broke ground was very significant. Back and forth like a pendulum, I have swung from one extreme to another extreme: from solitude to socialite and back to solitude again, from abstinence to indulgence, from obsession to hate, from passion to lackluster. On that day, I learned how to take refuge and comfort in balance. That day I took a step back from either burning or freezing. I learned that it was possible to maintain the gentle warmth I only glimpsed. That day wasn't an end...it was a beginning. It was a day of starting something big. A leap toward a future, for myself that will be, I am sure, has so much in store to look forward to.



xx, JL

No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say.
So, send in your love.

xx
JL