Oct 3, 2014

Autumn Afternoon




“I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers.”
                                                                                 ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

For most people, I am sure, October seems like such an awkward month. It signals in a lot of changes and transformations happen.  I have come to realize now that transformation sometimes begins with a fall. So never curse the fall. Personally, I am learning to embrace all the seasons and the changes that accompany it. I find that there is something nostalgic and significant about the season. Out with the old, in with the new... transformation is such a wonderful and often unappreciated thing. As with seasons changing, so does my outfit configurations and I find myself removing all the cool and casual ensembles from my rack and start to layer. There is nothing more that signifies the start of a new season for a fashion blogger than a change in outfits pending. There is an adjustment but in time, we learn and get accustomed to it. I sure did which is why it is absolutely so easy for me to discard my summer clothes and immerse myself in layers and knits and cold weather wear. Adapting to the changes is key. So here I am getting all knitty gritty in my favorite and fail safe fall staples: a cozy knit wrap that is so soft that one can snuggle in it. I find a strange sense of comfort in wearing clothes that keep me warm and are at the same time fuzzy. The weather definitely does not dictate for something that is too binding and uncomfortable.


Navajo Style Wool Coat Wrap: Chicnova (Also worn HERE)
White Chiffon Top: Zara TRF (Also worn HERE)
White Pants: Forever 21 (Also worn HERE)
Red and Blue Espadrilles: Chanel (Also worn HERE)
Red Coquelicot Luggage Bag: Celine (Also worn HERE)


For me, celebrating summer is not some elegantly adolescent construct but framing its end as a comedown is. I can't help it. I am a summer girl. Despite that, I accept that the new season offers an invariable brand of magic- as if we are clean and ready and willing to begin again. The transition is most certainly palpable. Outside, the air smelled close and new. We wrap our body back up and take inventory: what is left to cover? The world is in decay so in essence, it stands that somehow we are too. Usually, I am just beside myself in absolute anticipation for what $3,000 brown snakeskin handbag I should be buying next. Personally, fashion-wise, I have grown to know the magic of wrapping myself up in a sweater- in all my outfit's knitted glory, I certainly feel so comfortable that I am yearning for pumpkin spice every moment of the day. There is some comfort in this strangeness. It's the time for realization and change, to slow down but not stop: the perfect window to create. 


The great thing about seasons coming and going is that we realize the essentials of what life really is all about. It is made up of beautiful moments. It is about smiling because despite everything, you have so many things to be grateful for. The fading away of a sun-soaked season reminds us to always be gracious and never forget to be thankful. It is about change and growth: being thankful for your past, and hopeful for your future BUT ALWAYS embracing the moment you are in. This moment. Right now. WE NEED TO EMBRACE IT. It also give us plenty of opportunities to get over ourselves. To be honest, we all actually just need to get over ourselves- we are all equally confused and lost and trying to find our way home in this ever changing world. It is a reminder that life is full of surprises... awkward moments. Moments that will force you to define yourself, your beliefs. Moments that will change you. It reminds us that life is funny and heartbreaking and most of the time completely outrageous. That we should always be on our toes. The seasons changing remind us that life is absolutely gorgeous...absolutely breathtaking and absolutely wonderful.


xx, JL

No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say.
So, send in your love.

xx
JL