Aug 12, 2014

A Smile and a Ribbon


 

The beach has always been a relaxing place for me. I am definitely a beach baby and there is just something about the sand, the sea and the waves crashing against the rocks that I find very calming. Whenever I feel the need to take a private retreat from the busyness of daily life in the city, which I have to admit is quite maddening, I hop into the car and escape. Luckily, I live in a country where the beach is only about a two hour drive away. This makes clarity, introspection and soul searching within reach. I can spend days in the beach and would actually prefer to do that. I think nothing is more relaxing than a cold tropical shake, a lovely bikini and a good book and I can get lost in the moment.

I have always been a beach baby which is why I have persuaded my family to give me access to the beach and so far, I have access to the beautiful beaches of Batangas which is Nasugbu and Laiya. This one was taken at Peninsula Punta Fuego which boasts of twelve beach coves and is a premier seaside membership club which of course means one thing: PRIVACY. I've been going to Punta Fuego for four years now and I only got to explore four of its twelve coves. Each beach has a unique feature and is simply breathtaking and this photo was taken at the steps down the beach cove where I wore a dainty polka-dotted bow bandeau bikini and a cream chiffon skirt (as a cover-up) which swayed wonderfully against the August wind. I rarely wear skirts as cover-ups and prefer to rely on caftans and kimono robes but this time, I wanted to try something different and try to work different cover-ups and integrate them with my outfits. This is my girliest beach look as of yet but I absolutely love it. 

Polka-dot Bow Bandeau Bikini (2-pc. set): Vaintage
Cream Chiffon Skirt: Glitterati (Also worn HERE)
Camel Brown Gladiator Flats: Vaintage
Beige Canvas Beach Bag: Mango (Also worn HERE)
Tribal Print Scarf: A'postrophe

Photos by: Celyn

Now on to the more serious part, let me share with you some of the things I re-discovered as I was on my sun, sand and sea retreat... 

1. Hanging onto resentment is letting someone you despise live rent-free in your head.
2. "If I were asked to give what I consider the single most useful bit of advice for all humanity it would be this: Expect trouble as an inevitable part of life and when it comes, hold your head high, look it squarely in the eye and say, 'This too shall pass, I will be bigger than you. You cannot defeat me."

3. Class is an aura of confidence that is being sure without being cocky. Class has nothing to do with money. Class never runs scared. It is self-discipline and self-knowledge. It's the sure-footedness that comes with having proved you can meet life. At the end of the day, I have today, I have yet to meet life, but I do not run scared. Someone once said, “Know when to tune out, if you listen to too much advice you may wind up making other peoples mistakes.”
4.From the backstabbing people you trusted to the meddling bystanders- you are in charge of how you react to the people and events in your life . You can either give negativity power over your life or you can choose happiness instead (I choose happiness!).
Take control and choose to focus on what is important in your life. 



 Now doesn't this just prove how much clarity the beach gives me? 


Photos by: Celyn Jaravata

xx, JL

No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say.
So, send in your love.

xx
JL