Aug 23, 2014

Tea and Sympathy


It was a beautiful and colorful day and nothing was quite as beautiful as taking photos of my outfit in a place that was just pure perfection for it! I have always loved quaint and beautifully made places and settings and this location was the best place for it! It was like playing tea in my own personal doll house and the interior decor and over-all feel of the place added on a whole new touch to my outfit...don't you think? As for my outfit, despite it being the rainy season, I decided to add some color to my outfit because I missed wearing bright hues and there's nothing like a bright colored outfit to instantly lift your mood. I took a gamble on quite the "unsafe" combination of coral and chartreuse which I must say was a good decision because it worked out in the end and I have my Suiteblanco shoes to be thankful for when it comes to integrating the entire look.


 


There are a lot of simple things that one can do to make themselves happier. Obviously, many lists have been proposed with regard to this topic, however, the good mood and high spirits I've been having the past few days has got me inspired. Besides we can never have enough happiness now can we? Now one of my secrets (let's kip the key to happiness tips on a one-a-day minimum) is that aside from my regular caffeine fix (Double shot, non-fat latte, 2 splendas), I have also quite grown accustomed to developing a liking for tea. Ever since I was young, I have had fond memories of having afternoon tea at The Pen Lobby and I find it refreshing to be incorporating this old habit back to my daily routine. I feel no shame on splurging on tea in both quantity and quality and I try to have access to multiple flavors and brands of my favorite tea type (that would be English Breakfast Tea for me!) I've decided to skip the twice a day coffee run and switch to tea in the afternoon instead as it calms me down, allows me to pretend I'm more civilized and proper than I really am, make me use cute teacups, teapots and china (not to mention finely cut sandwiches, freshly baked scones with cream and jam and assortment of pastries that goes on and on...) and of course, give me a reason to close my eyes, feel that warmth and inhale the aroma in like the cliche bitch that I am. 



Chartreuse Blazer: Forever 21(Also worn HERE)
White Peplum Top: Vaintage PH (Also worn HERE)
Ripped Denim Boyfriend Jeans: Mango (Also worn HERE)
Coral Bag: Loewe (Also worn HERE)
Coral Pumps with Embroidery and Beading: Suiteblanco (Also worn HERE)
Gold Bib with Coral Beads: Suiteblanco (Also worn HERE)

Trivia: Anna, 7th Duchess of Bedford, is reputed to have introduced the tradition of taking Afternoon Tea in the early 1840s to appease her appetite in the long hours between an early lunch and a late supper. From her boudoir she sent to the kitchen for a pot of water, bread and butter and cakes; she would brew her own tea. Anna is said to have shared the idea with friends and by the end of the decade afternoon tea had become a widespread social event.

Photos by: Celyn Jaravata

xx, JL

No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say.
So, send in your love.

xx
JL