Jun 19, 2012

Pride in the Pinoy: The Mega Ball







 
Patriot Games.
(Dress: DIY Terno, reworked by Glitterati | Shoes: So! Fab)

I am proud to be Filipino. 
I say this statement with no regret or there is no questioning it as I love my country and cannot be anymore proud to come, (being born, raised and reared in the Philippines) from this nation. Which was why I enjoyed immensely and went all out for the Mega Ball 2012, an annual event the prestigious magazine celebrates on Independence Day to pay tribute to the Filipino. This year, it was all about honoring Global Pinoys, citizens who have made an impact and who have put our country's name out there by being true achievers in their respective profession and fields of media, business and finance, fashion, food and athletic achievements. It was of course a night of celebration and I salute the Mega Team for honoring Pinoy Pride and for hosting such an amazing event. 
A closer look... 

View from the side---

...And then the front....
The Dress
The Lower Portion of my Dress

I decided to come in the Filipino classic- a terno as it was a Pinoy Pride ball and how much more can I show how proud I am to be Pinoy than to dress in the national costume of the terno. Naturally, I modernized it by using sequins, studs and silver accents but I made this gown (as a local fashion brandowner), everything was sourced locally and I saw that it was more than fit for the occasion.
My Makeup and Closer view of the Details of my outfit:






I did my own hair and makeup. It was quite hard to do the whole transformation but I am happy with the turn out.

AT THE BALL...

Camera Photo-Op by the Leaves and Roses Backdrop
All the Beautiful People....
Dinner was served....

The event was one of a kind. The food was a fusion of a 5-course meal prepared by Shangri-la's chef infused with Filipino ingredients and condiments. The setting and ambiance revered the country's top and some up and coming designers, by showcasing their work in the entrance of the ballroom. 
The program consisted of giving recognition to 20 Truly Global Pinoys and was capped off with a fashion show by one of the award recipients, internationally acclaimed Filipino designer, Furne One, whose creations were such a visual feast that made me truly believe that Filipinos are talented, forward thinking and truly worth celebrating.
The night was amazing. I loved it! 
Congratulations Mega!
 To leave you with things to think about, here's a little something...
 I know who I am and I am proud to be who I am. Because once you lose yourself, you have two choices. Find the person you used to be or lose that person completely. Because sometimes you have to step outside of the person you’ve been and remember the person you were meant to be. The person you wanted to be. The person you are.
xx, JL


No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say.
So, send in your love.

xx
JL