Jun 20, 2012

Practical Magic











The Prestige.
(Top: Topshop |  Bandeau: Topshop | Skirt: Zara | Bag: Hermes | Earrings: Cultus Chi Chi | Shoes: DAS)

What does one exactly wear to watch a magic show? These were the words running through my mind as I woke up extremely late (11:30) on a sunny Saturday morning and had less than an hour to decided what to wear as we were expected to leave the house at 1 pm to be able catch the 2 PM show of Masters of Illusions where the worlds best magicians were all gathered and put together to make one helluva show. 





I settled for something very 1920's- flapper and very classy- but with a fun quirky twist as I don't really think people wear sequin, lace and feathers (all that frou frou) on a Saturday afternoon. I was late, as expected since looking magnificent as I say takes time (my perpetual excuse to being late) but I did arrive 15 minutes early to the show kudos to the Express Skyway to Resorts World, which was where the show was held. 





Naturally, I didn't think my skirt was feathered enough and so for extra pizzazz- hey it is a Magic show- I decided to add matching feathered earrings (the hugest I have seen by far) from my sister's accessory,line from the U.S. which is the biggest most wonderful pair of feather earrings I saw.





I went for the all cream vibe with my DAS one of a kind studded shoes- clearly I love DAS so much! But broke the monotony with my Hermes Birkin purse which I later changed to my Marc Jacobs Stam Bag for dinner at Cantinetta. It was a fun day- family bonding at its finest plus Domz, my brother's girlfriend and my new found soul sister was there to be with us. We had afternoon coffee turned dinner at Republiq Cafe and just had a marvelous time.

Photos from the Day... 












Since we're on the topic of magic, let me share something I love from Paulo Coelho on the topic:

“You have to take risks”- he said.
“We will only understand the miracle of life fully when we allow the unexpected to happen.
“Every day, God gives us the sun–and also one moment in which we have the ability to change everything that makes us unhappy.
“Every day, we try to pretend that we haven’t perceived that moment, that it doesn’t exist–that today is the same as yesterday and will be the same as tomorrow.

But if people really pay attention to their everyday lives, they will discover that magic moment.
It may arrive in the instant when we are doing something mundane, like putting our front-door key in the lock.
It may lie hidden in the quiet that follows the lunch hour or in the thousand and one things that all seem the same to us.

But that moment exists–a moment when all the power of the stars becomes a part of us and enables us to perform miracles.” 

From By The River Piedra,I Sat Down and Wept. 


xx, JL


No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say.
So, send in your love.

xx
JL