Jul 28, 2014

Neutral Territory


I had quite a week and I mean that in a "I-am-majorly-in-shock-and-awe" with how much has transpired. Some good things and some not so good happened but ultimately when you want a life that is very quiet and not so up and down like a Richter Magnitude Scale, these highs and lows are exasperating. I've never been a labile girl and I am not up for emotional roller coasters, even if the sparks tend to become attracted to me like a magnet, making life a never-ending saga. So, where to begin? When life starts to resemble a television drama with the plot line of Days of Our Lives or  The Bold and The Beautiful, that's not usually a good thing and you have to let go. Don't get me wrong, these shows are fun for entertainment value but not so much when you become part of the cast and it's playing out in your own life. The past week covers the full spectrum and I prefer not to go into the details but I am quite proud of myself for still standing. The secret to that is this: when life tends to become too overwhelming, it is wise to retreat to a neutral territory and that's what I did and perhaps my subconscious was affecting my decision making that it manifested in the clothes I picked out. 


I love neutrals! It's my own favorite color palette for this season. It is more easy on the eye, refreshing and not too shocking. In a nutshell, as with life, it is a palette cleanser and a reset button. I've resigned myself to wearing more neutral tones recently because in life, that's exactly where I want to be: in neutral territory.

 

Also, neutral dressing need not be boring. Experiment, add your own personal flare and personality to the look and be creative! I know it's not for everyone but trust me, it's worth a try!





Cream Tweed Blazer: Zara
Cotton Oversized V-neck Shirt: Forever21 (Also worn HERE)
Cream Denim Jeans: Mango (Also worn HERE)
Gold Thin Strap Metallic Shoes: Zara  (Also worn HERE)
Quilted Chain Strap STAM Bag: Marc Jacobs
(Also worn HERE)
Beige Necklace: Classiore  (Also worn HERE)
Cream Watch DIY Set: Shopaholic and Hubby
Gold Bangles: Charriol, Cartier, Tiffany, Bvlgari (Also worn HERE)


Photos by: Celyn Jaravata

 xx, JL

No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say.
So, send in your love.

xx
JL