Jul 15, 2014

First Impressions


Say what you want to say about first impressions... but at the end of the day, we all have to admit it: (even if we don't want to) they matter. Recent studies show that it only takes up to 8 seconds to make a first impression!(And that's not really a long time) So to sum it up, basically, we are given only one shot to show our best foot forward, so let’s make it perfect! How would that be possible?--- you might ask me. And my answer is to begin with the basics: what I do is I make it vital to put my best face forward and I don't know about you but I do so with Maybelline Clear Smooth BB Cream which gives me instant skin perfection, the perfect first step for the perfect first impression! It is all I need to cover imperfections and brighten my complexion for a radiant and healthy glow!










Everyone always comments on how perfectly applied my makeup is and I have to say that that is something I prioritize. Even on a bad day, you will not expect to see me all haggard and looking pale and stressed out. That is the magic of makeup: even on a really bad day, you can look the complete opposite by applying a few products. My mom has always taught me to look presentable no matter where I go because I never know who I might bump into and this is precisely why I never leave the house without a dash of BB Cream, groomed eyebrows, cheek and lip stain and powder. To most, this might seem like such a task but you have to trust me: it isn't and it is worth the extra two minutes. Trust me.


Now different occasions require different makeup applications. You can't always rely on the basics because some events and occasions require more effort than others. For this outfit, I decided to be neutral and dress up in a perfect day-to-night look. The monogram pastel outfit is something that can be worn to transition from day to night depending on how you accessorize the ensemble and I have the same philosophy when it comes to makeup: make sure you have the essentials covered... and then add on to the look as deemed appropriate for where you are going and what you are doing.

The best secret to putting together a look...any look...would be the right building blocks. These are mine:
The difference:
For day-time use: I usually apply BB White as it has a higher SPF coverage, which is perfect for the harsh rays of the day sun.



For Oily Skin: I would recommend the BB Clear Stick as it is formatted especially for those with oily skin and it gives a shine-free powder finish for up to 12 hours.


For night-time use:  I would recommend the BB Cream, as it is more lightweight, it provides a light and dewy finish. 


Applying makeup, you see, is much like creating an outfit. You have to have the perfect base and once you've got that covered, everything else is easier: you just add on the appropriate products and you are set! 



For instance for a "day" look (for events like your first day in college, a job interview, you first day at work or a day out with friends,) I would recommend using these products...



On the other side of the spectrum, night time excursions demand a darker and bolder, more dramatic look and whether it is for a first date, a night out with the girls or a formal event to attend to, I rely on these beauty products when I want to perfect my look...


The key is planning ahead and having the right products in your arsenal. Nobody wants to be caught with their pants or best face down. You have to trust me on this one, because it has taken me more than a handful of experiences to be knowledgeable in this aspect. The most recent one, was not being prepared to have makeup that was going to last me all day long and not having the appropriate transitional products that could transform my look from day to night. I ended up with the worst beauty faux pas ever: cakey skin (!) and inappropriate makeup for a certain occasion. Now I know the difference...experience is the most painful teachers but you learn. My goal is to save you the embarrassment and trauma so take my word  for it and you'd avoid an unfortunate beauty blunder, like I experienced. 





MAYBELLINE’s FIRST IMPRESSIONS METER

                               Want to find out what first impression you make on others?
Take the Maybelline First Impressions Meter and find out
It is a fun, one-of-a-kind app that gives you 8 seconds to decide your first impression of other people, while they decide their first impression of you!


Bottom line is: We are only given one chance to make a first impression, so how do we make sure it is perfect? I already gave you tips... follow them and always make the best first impression ever!

Outfit Details:
Lace Cropped Bustier Corset: Forever 21
Sheer High Waist Maxi Skirt: Moonshine
Beige Necklace: Classiore
Beige Belt: Iconoclasts Line
Glitter Sheer Miniaudiere: Lannel Boutique

Makeup by: Maybelline
Hair: STYLD. Hair Extensions
Photos by: Celyn Jaravata


xx, JL

No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say.
So, send in your love.

xx
JL