Nov 8, 2013

Will you still love me when I'm no longer young and beautiful?







Dress: Zara | Floral Neon Motorcycle Jacket: Zara | Ankle Strap Heels: Zara | Bag: Celine Coquelicot in Red








I've seen the world
Done it all
Had my cake now
Diamonds, brilliant
And Bel Air now
Hot summer nights, mid July
When you and I were forever wild
The crazy days, city lights
The way you'd play with me like a child


 
 Will you still love me
When I'm no longer young and beautiful?
Will you still love me
When I got nothing but my aching soul?
I know you will, I know you will
I know that you will
Will you still love me when I'm no longer beautiful?


I've seen the world, lit it up
As my stage now
Channeling angels in the new age now
Hot summer days, rock 'n' roll
The way you play for me at your show
And all the ways I got to know
Your pretty face and electric soul

-Young and Beautiful, Lana Del Rey









Kate Halverson once said, "If you are all wrapped up in yourself... you're overdressed." Just another day of minimalist accessories and accents as I wanted to be understated and less all excessorized up so I went for a simple day dress and jacket that I have been meaning to wear since forever.

It's difficult to be overdressed in today's styles, isn't it? More so, we can be so full of ourselves that it doesn't matter what we do or how we do it...the bottom line is: we're often too much for ourselves and for others. We have the tendency to neglect ourselves for many centuries and this day and age where everything is just a click away, we seem to be trying to make up for said centuries of regret... and maybe perhaps taking it to the next level. In the process of doing such, we tend to go overboard, myself included, and become self-centered and self-seeking. It's not a pretty sight... and sometimes my usual excuse of "of course I am self-centered, what am I supposed to be...you-centered?" doesn't quite make up for it.



We have not had much practice with the subtle nuances between taking care of ourselves and being self-centered. Indeed, thanks to the "ME" generation... and lots of New Age fodder where the hipsters demand we all be free to be you and me... we have come to believe that taking care of ourselves means always putting "me" first, pushing ourselves in ahead of others, driving aggressively, and generally being all wrapped up in ourselves. 







The thing I always take pride on is that I may be arrogant and a bit conceited but I always try to take a step away from myself and try to, as much as possible, make excuses for other people. All this "me-ing" is tiring really and you reach a saturation point. The fact of the matter is: when we are self-centered, we are completely out of touch with ourselves. We are running on automatic and, often, not in touch with what is really important to us. In the end, our head and our distorted belief are dictating our thoughts and behavior, while our essence is left somewhere in the dust.

 

Maybe it's high time to get back to that many-faceted person underneath all those camouflages... she'll know what to do. Something's got to give...and we have to live...


xx,JL 

No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say.
So, send in your love.

xx
JL