Dec 30, 2013

Oh my, what a marvelous tune

















White Chiffon Crystal Backless Gown with Crystals: Glitterati | White Satin Belt with Crystals: Glitterati | Metallic Glitter Platform Peep-toe Shoes: DAS | Crystal Hair Accessory: DIY for Glitterati | Silver Evening Bag: Bally | Chandelier Diamond Earrings: Ords Jewelry | Hair by: Yaya Armi 




So I've been wearing a lot of white dresses as is tradition for Christmas as I want a white Christmas and since my inability to travel makes me unable to experience snow, I am content in decking the halls with ivory gowns- my designs and creations- that I enjoy creating immensely. I've been designing my own gowns for the Holiday for quite some time now and as the dress code dictates (Attire: Formal) for our annual family degustation dinner at The Magsaysay Private Room in one of my favorite restaurants, Old Manila at The Manila Peninsula. They are very accommodating especially with preparing an extra special menu for us, taking my allergies into consideration and while I tried to play it on the safe side (though the night didn't go out without incident aka. accidental ingestion), I decided to load up on the bubbly and give up food instead.  The goal of the night was to project a snowflake although I glimmered like a diamond instead and well... that's just fine with me. I am all for the diamante. Since love is in the details, I made sure every ornament in my ensemble was coherent and it turned out marvelously. I have to say, I have had a habit of outdoing myself every year... and right now, I am so excited for what to wear next year! 

 











Christmas is always a delightful season for me. I've always been a sucker for the Yuletide joy even if I cannot enjoy 95% of the treats and food due to my many allergies, the season of giving, joy and just seeing families all together is enough to make me really happy. It's the most wonderful time of the year indeed and more than just gift giving and merriment and parties, there's something about the reminder it brings: to have a little more faith. The thing the Yuletide season reminds us is that miracles are constantly occurring around us. Serendipities abound in daily life. Miracles are unexpected joys, surprising coincidences, unexplainable experiences, astonishing beauties... absolutely anything that happens in the course of our day except that at that moment, we are able to recognize its special value. The issue is not that miracles are absent. The issue is that often, we are absent. We are standing on a hill of diamonds, and yet we are too busy looking for the gold mine beyond the next ridge. 

 












 As we reclaim ourselves (and as the year draws to a close), we begin to notice the extraordinariness of the ordinary. We quit thinking about being present... and we start doing it. It's risky but we have to take that leap of faith. 

xx, JL 

Photos from our Home and the Dinner
















Degustation Dinner Prepared by:
Chef Samuel
Old Manila, The Manila Peninsula






 

No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say.
So, send in your love.

xx
JL