Dec 28, 2013

Wrap Your Troubles In Dreams












Tweed Blazer with Gold Buttons: Zara | Button Down Pinstripe Polo Blouse with Gold Buttons and White Edging: Mango | Tweed Woven Shorts with Gold Zipper Detail: Zara | Heel-less Peep-toe Ankle Strap Shoes in Neon Pink: DAS | Murakami Bag: Louis Vuitton | Ribbon, Satin and Gold Chain: I'm.G. | Thin Pink Plastic Headband: Forever21 | Bangle and Chain Dress Watch: Charriol














This is a break from the usual holiday array of shimmer, sparkly and ornate gowns and dresses and a refreshing take on a very casual day look. I had a Kiddie-themed party to attend at McDonald's Forbeswood in BGC and since I wanted to dress my age yet at the same time play around with colors, I chose this pairing of bubble gum pink and blue, toned down with an off-white blazer and of course a fun and playful purse from Louis Vuittion. If you have not noticed yet (by now) I have dyed my hair all black (as in jet black) as I needed a break from the various hair colors I have been playing around with since 2010. It is a bit overpowering but I do like the "vampy vixen" effect it contributes to my look. Sometimes, it is nice to break free from the tulle, the ball gown, the beading and the diamonds and just be.
































One of the most outgoing and fun-loving actresses I love, Katharine Hepburn once said, "I never lose sight of the fact that just being is fun." The holiday seasons brought it quite the frenzy for everyone I am sure... it definitely did for me. Yet, no matter how busy we are, how much we have to do, how many demands are made on us, we still have the choice of having fun. Deadlines, demands and schedules should never keep one from "just being"... unless of course we let them. Just being does not take a lot of time or effort. Just being can occur while you are busy. You see, just being is not relegated to those stolen moments of a soaking bath, yoga or meditation. Ultimately, just being can me sneaked in ever little crevice in life (I managed to do it in my life)... and trust me... it is so much fun. And just like we do not have to wait for the "big discovery" to do something great, we do not have to wait for that special moment to just be,,,and enjoy every single minute of it... completely. 










xx, JL

No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say.
So, send in your love.

xx
JL