Dec 12, 2013

My Dark Beautiful Twisted Fantasy






 




Red Strapless Fully Sequined Body Suit: Glitterati | Full Mullet High Low Tafetta Skirt: Glitterati | Leather Sling Bag: Chanel | Three Toned Distressed Leather Gladiator Heels: Alexander Wang | Watch: Charriol | Ring: YSL | Gold Thinck Bangle: +RUCKUS | Leaf Ring: H&M | Nails by: Sally Hansen in All Fired Up







You might think you've peeped the scene
You haven't,
The real one is far to mean
The watered down, the one you know
Was made up centuries ago
They it sound all wack and corny
Yes its awful blasted boring
Twisted fiction, sick addiction
Well gather round children
Zip it listen!

 Beyond the truest
Hey, teacher, teacher
Tell me how do you respawn the students?
And refresh the page and restart the memory?
Respark the soul and rebuild the energy?
We stopped the ignorance, we killed the enemies
Sorry for the night demons that still visit me
The plan was to drink until the pain over
But what's worse, the pain or the hangover?
Fresh air, rolling down the window
Too many Urkels on your team, that's why your wins low
Don't make me pull the toys out, huh
Don't make me pull the toys
And fire up the engines huh
And then they make noise
Can we get much higher?

-Kanye West, Dark Fantasy








I promised everyone I would be posting my Preview Ball 2013 outfit (something I have totally forgotten about) and VOILA! here is it!!! The theme was all about shoes and I thought of highlight my Alexander heels in a Marie Antoinette style ball gown mullet skirt and a Jessica Rabbit-inspired sequined bodysuit which made me feel absolutely fine. Nothing is more fun than wearing a bodysuit and and a fun skirt, not to mention, ultra fancy shoes which are an investment. I did get a lot of critic response on the choice of outfit especially since:

1. I have no breasts 
2. I am a stick with the body shape of a ruler and.
 3. I absolutely curve free








Unfortunately, what people do not know is that I am who I am and I've accepted that. No amount of judgment will make me stop wearing what I want to wear and as for criticism, I don't give a damn about it really because I was born with this body and I am happy with it just the way it is. To complete the look, I took it easy on the accessories and simply styled it with a Chanel sling bag in red (an absolute favorite of mine) which I never really got to use until now. I know how I am perceived by some people- that I am all about material possessions and owning designer things and while these do amuse me to a certain extent, these things do not define me as a person. I can very easily live without these things. I may want to indulge and entertain myself by purchasing (with my own hard earned money) luxury items but come on, I've been through so much already... a girl's got to cope. Ultimately, I don't think these things define me and losing them, won't make me dehumanized in any form. They are, after all, just things. 








Elizabeth Bibesco once said, "I have made a great discovery. What I love belongs to me. Not the chairs and tables in my house, but the masterpieces of the world. It is only a question of loving them enough." The problem is we get so embroiled with possessions- material or immaterial (aka. thinking yourself higher than everyone else, is a sad ideology to possess). We find ourselves that we need to own places, persons (by making sure they conform to our standard of living) and things. We try to possess our lives (I must confess I am guilty of this) and we believe that we can. But if we stop for awhile and admire life as it is, we can actually watch it and admire it and as it chooses to stay for awhile, in a standstill, we are blessed with its beauty. If we try to hold on it for too long and take control, we will kill it. It is in the not trying to possess that we have. Imagine what it really means that we can have all the treasures of the world- not to own, but to appreciate, to enjoy...to live with. At the end of the day, we need to ask ourselves this question: Am I capable of loving so much that despite of what I possess, that I am able to appreciate that which I do not possess. I sure do hope so. 








In line with this, I would like to broach the topic of stinginess. If the purposed of existence is to discover truth, and beauty and share our discovery with others, some of us may have been on the wrong track. For instance, in our need to achieve and move ahead, we have come stingy... to the point that we judge, berate and in our minds execute those who think about us. We keep certain things we have learned, beauty and discoveries from other people because in our minds, somehow, we rationalize, they do not deserve to know these things. Sadly, we have come to believe that there is a limited power and success and that if we give something away, we will have less. This of course, is faulty reasoning and the wrong way of thinking. Great ideas belong to everyone. So we develop the wonderful defect of stinginess. Unfortunately, we have begun to think that if we share ideas or awareness, others will steal them. So we censor, copyright, choke our knowledge so that only a few self-defined deserving people should know, and... we lose. 


  xx, JL

The Annual Group Shots





















The Party Photos and Behind The Scenes




























No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say.
So, send in your love.

xx
JL