Jun 25, 2014

Midnight Blue




Here is a definitive break from all the denim and pants I have been wearing lately. I needed it- I was getting a bit too comfortable in my denims that drastic measures had to be taken. So for this decision, I decided to wear my cotton Zara cropped top and checkered Origami skort (which was kind of loose by the way- something I cannot understand as I have been eating like a truck driver recently.) Of course the outfit revolved around the bag... as I am debuting my midnight blue snakeskin Givenchy Lucrezia which I had to really scrimp and work hard for. It was just to pretty to resist and the shape, the strap, the leather and most of all- the color was absolute perfection and I am happy I got to wear it. I paired it with ankle strap pointed shoes to make the look more mature. Unfortunately, the outfit was not quite suited for the weather as it rained that day but I enjoyed wearing it nonetheless.













Actually, saving up for this bag was a big deal because sacrifices had to be made. I understood the concept of having to give up so many wants/needs/whims for something special and that was quite a big deal for me. I don't have any vice and gambling, cars, techie stuff don't interest me at all but fashion does and this bag definitely caught my eye. I am beginning to understand that although maturity definitely does not come with age, it does come with life experiences (and boy, I sure have experienced quite a lot!) These are experienced as they years go by and you can't rush it. I think it will be a tough feat to come across someone who is exactly the same as they were 10 years ago... no matter how firm they are in reassuring you that they didn't change. I recently heard that John Mayer song No Such Thing, and I introspected a lot on that and I found myself wanting to run through the halls of my high school and scream at the top of my lungs and say there's no such thing as a real world, just a lie you've got to rise above. Haha! But honestly, when I was young and innocent, everyone always told me things like "in the real world...so and so and so..." and I am 27 years old now, you see, and so far, I do not this real world they used to keep telling me about. The world is now as it was then. The only thing that's different is me. The Real Word: That is the Worst Expectation. For reasons other than the fact that there will never really be an "AHA" moment when you realize you've become grown up. Growth is a process...not on experience. You see, as you grow older, there will never be a moment when you suddenly out of the blue become a grown-up. That moment will simply never come. What I know is that we can make changes in our lives and become more responsible because we have to and also, we have to become answerable to certain things as that comes with the freedom of making our own choices. We will never lose the child in all of us- no matter how old we are and sometimes that can be a good thing...sometimes we can choose to indulge it. And most of all, it is important not lose all of that as we go into the whole growing up process.




Cropped Racer Back Cotton Top: Zara | Origami Checkered Blue and Black Skort: Zara | Lucrezia Midnight Blue Bag: Givenchy | Ankle Strap Shoes: Zara | Jewelry: My Collection | Necklace: Ever New

Photos by: Celyn Jaravata


xx, JL

No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say.
So, send in your love.

xx
JL