Aug 19, 2012

When I Look At The World




  
The End Where I Begin


 Jumpsuit: Style Staple | Shoes: CMG | Bag: Parisian by SM | Accessories: Extreme Finds and Loco Hermosa | Leather Jacket: Tinsels

 “Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle.”
-Plato


As I am blogging this entry, I am currently confined in the hospital, awaiting for surgery which happens on Monday. I have a lot of emotions to go through but I can't help but stay optimistic. I guess at crucial times such as these, it is important to let go of negativity, pessimism or the cruelty that may be present in your life and focus on the good, the love that abounds, the sincere and the positive. People who do not understand the value of human life, and more so, turn one's ailments into mockery, do not deserve the privilege of life. I think all human life is valuable. I guess it takes a certain understanding of life and having a close proximity to death to fully appreciate the meaning of your suffering. I value all human life and would not wish anyone ill, nor would I ever be unsympathetic to anyone in a time of physical ailment. I would never glorify anyone being sick, even for my worst enemies, even to someone who has done me wrong... I think doing that is the height of being inhumane, unjust and is, in the purest form, cruelty. I think having  compassion is what separates us from animals. I think the Dalai Lama explained  it best when he said, “Compassion is not religious business, it is human business, it is not luxury, it is essential for our own peace and mental stability, it is essential for human survival.”
I cannot fathom how SOME people can live with NO COMPASSION AT ALL.
What does that say as to the state of their souls?









Enough musings (let me take a short break), let me explain my outfit to you, instead. It was the first day the sun came out (finally) after days and days of rain and I found it fitting to wear this sunshiney yellow jumpsuit to celebrate the bright and shiny day! I love the color and the combination of the print and the purple belt and florals which added a unique touch to the pantsuit. I paired it with complimentary colors, with a magenta strappy pair from CMG and a patent purse designed by my friend Audrey from SM Accessories brand, Parisian. (I love department store finds just as much as I love my luxury items!) Being that I was quite inspired to shoot that day, I decided to take a chance and use this wonderful bromeliad backdrop for my outfit shot.






 The very things I might have given in to, that demanded, that said, this is your life. I mean, this is your only way to survive, are the things I fought hardest to end. 'Cause I believed in something else. And what makes that sane is that I can understand other people's situations in their own terms, but I still can't understand mine.


A friend told me to be honest with you, so here it goes. This isn't what I want, but I'll take the high road. Maybe it's because I look at everything as a lesson, or because I don't want to walk around angry, or maybe it's because I finally understand. There are things we don't want to happen but have to accept, things we don't want to know but have to learn, and people we can't live without but have to let go.

Do pray for my successful operation tomorrow! And thank you to everyone for the love and support in these trying times. To those who have used this situation to fuel hatred and contempt, I can only pray for your enlightenment. I have no time to respond one by one to everyone's well-wishes and promises of prayers and healing but my sincerest appreciation and deepest gratitude go out to all of you!

xx, JL

GET THE LOOK:

No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say.
So, send in your love.

xx
JL