Aug 31, 2012

....and I said what about Breakfast at Tiffany's










We belong to nobody and nobody belongs to us. We don't even belong to each other. 

-Holly Golightly, Breakfast at Tiffany's 1961

 Shirt: Mizar Clothing | Dress: Topshop | Shoes: Tutum Shoes


I was thinking of wearing all black for my post-op checkup at the hospital, where I was discharged from just last Sunday. I am still recovering from my surgery (which means house/ bed arrest) and given I still have my sutures, I can't wear anything too bindy or too "tight". So, I decided to layer a loose black top from Mizar Clothing over a black Topshop maxi dress to achieve the easy and breezy "I-don't-want- to-affect my wounds" outfit. 



Mizar Clothing- the brain child of fashionphiles who fancy everything fashion. All items are personally handpicked to cater your different fashion preferences. Visit their online shop:
And follow them on twitter via:  https://twitter.com/MizarClothing

 Since I was forbidden to wear heels (so as not to affect my balance and coordination), I opted for flats. Yes, you heard me- FLATS. I was in no mood to complain not being sky-high in my 6-inchers kudos to this lovely gold pair from Tutum Shoes. I saw this pair at the SuperSale Bazaar and was beyond ecstatic when I saw it sent to me by the owners. Definitely one of my favorite flat shoes ever!



Tutum means Attitude in “Turkish”. The brand believes every girl should strut her style with attitude.
Tutum creates fashion forward designs dedicated to trendy shoppers. Behind the creative mind of Tutum are shoe-enthusiasts who share the same passion for shoe design. Their goal is to provide chic and fabulous shoes. Visit their site at Facebook:
and follow them on twitter via: http://www.twitter.com/tutumshoes




Also, the black provided perfect backdrop against my gold accessories, all from LAZADA, you can visit their site at http://www.lazada.com.ph and get the best deals on almost EVERYTHING, from electronics to jewelry to makeup. When I was shopping for the accessories, I was thinking of going for a modernized version of Holly Golightly from Breakfast at Tiffany's, and I chose her iconic first scene look, where she drank her coffee and croissant in front of Tiffany and Co.'s store in New York. 

 








Given that it is a modern take, I tweaked some things, I opted for this statement necklace in gold instead of the signature pearls and replaced the tiara with a Victorian hairclip in black to accent my perfect hair bun. I ditched the gloves and went for a gold chain bracelet and pearl ring, because really, who wears satin gloves for a doctor's appointment.The essential cat eye sunglasses was of course irreplaceable, and I am so happy to have found this pair which was perfect for my peg.



I incorporated this outfit for a "Look for Less" blogger challenge from Lazada where I was tasked to make a  look within a P1499 challenge. Considering I got so many exquisite pieces, I am quite proud of myself for my purchases without exceeding the budget limit. So if you like my look f==or less outfit, vote for me by reading the mechanics below--

"Fab Finds Under P1499 Challenge" Mechanics:

Entries can be submitted through:
    • Twitter - ex. @LazadaPH I vote for @JoannaLadrido in the #LazadaFabFindsChallenge
    • Facebook -  LIKE Lazada Philippines & LIKE and share my photo.
    • Instagram - "LIKE" the photo of my outfit with the hashtag #LazadaFabFindsChallenge and @lazadaph
 My Prize (if I win) will be a Spa Party at Spaholics (http://spaholics.com/) for blogger, 2 of her friends and 5 of her lucky followers!

So do reply to this post if you want to be one of the five lucky people who can get to enjoy a "SPA PARTY" with me!

About Lazada
 Lazada (www.lazada.com.ph) is the newest and biggest online shopping site in the country. It carries nearly every top consumer item on the market, carrying twelve categories: Electronics, Computers, Phones & Accessories, Hardware, Home & Living, Home Appliances, Kids & Babies, Beauty, Travel & Luggage, Jewelry & Watches, Sports, and Books. Offering free shipping, excellent customer support and free return shipping, Lazada is making shopping in the Philippines an enjoyable experience with just a click.

Follow Lazada on Instagram and Twitter:  @LazadaPH

GET THE LOOK AS INSPIRED BY AUDREY HEPBURN:

xx, JL

No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say.
So, send in your love.

xx
JL