Dec 12, 2014

Nude Awakening




“I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.
Delicious Ambiguity.”

I used to be such a control freak that every step was carefully planned, every outfit was thought of in advance and I refused to be caught off guard. The thing with being that way is that the sad but unavoidable reality that in life, you are never in control and to assume you are, simply opens you up for major disappointment. I came, I controlled (or tried) and I failed and got a harsh lesson and now I am just going with the flow and taking life as it is. I still crave for control (that's just me and I can't control it---okay for lack of a better term to use...) but now I know when to sit back and relax and let things unfold  before me without having to intervene. I simply trust the vibes I get... because at the end of the day, energy doesn't lie. As for being on top of everything, the rude awakening that one never can be and the sooner you accept that, the better as you strip yourself off the pretense (as comforting as the illusion of having control is) and then you're left to deal with yourself in rawest and purest form possible... that kind of explains my title on nude awakenings...because believe it or not... being stripped off all the false pretenses that somehow reassure you or lull you into a false sense of security is what one needs.





 Chiffon Tank Top: Asos (Similar to THIS)
Distressed Boyfriend Jeans: Vetus Shop
Nude Colored Medium Antigona Bag: Givenchy (Also worn HERE)
Nude Patent Strappy Court Shoes: Call it Spring (Similar to THIS)
Rose Gold and Silver St. Tropez Watch: Charriol
Accessories: Forever 21

Photos by: Celyn 

 Even on casual days, I love neutrals and this outfit is so fitting as it incorporates nude shades with my distressed boyfriend jeans which I am absolutely obsessed with. I never thought that I would be able to pull a casual outfit in nude tones as I feel they have the tendency to make me look (and therefore feel) naked so I have been avoiding wearing those shades as much as possible. But on the day I wore this outfit, I wanted to take a risk and here you are bearing witness to that and I do hope it panned out well. I love this top and begged my sister for the full array of color selections as it is very flattering and somehow, the fabric, the fit, the cut is so well made that it just enhances all the right features (for my body type anyway). Now I decided to wear this color as it was very calming and as it perfectly matched my new baby aka. my nude Medium Givenchy Antigona and my equally same colored shoes from Call It Spring which I got for a very good price. As for the jeans, I am a convert and will forever be a fan of this style... boyfriend-less or not. The bright side when it comes to fashion now is that we can wear clothes that would usually be made for boyfriends without having to have one and aren't we just all so lucky?



 I find that my outfits revolve around such understated (fine, for me aka. in my terms) looks (with the exception of a few va-va-voom ones aka. the gowns I so love as I feel I was born in the wrong era as I love gowns, petticoats, fancy court shoes and coiffed hair and all that jazz) and it has a lot to do with the fact that I am at a good place and I feel like I am in such a stable and secure place in my life and of course, with myself.. that all the theatrics, the drama and the turmoil and spectacle of being "in the scene" is such a far away and distant place. It simply isn't for me anymore and as soon as I realized that... I finally got to build and pave the way for a better and calmer life for me. I am glad for this change. While other people may not exactly understand this very new take I have on how I choose to live my life, I think that giving an explanation is moot as they won't understand especially if they are still in "that scene" and in "that mindset." I respect their choices as I do hope they respect mine. Personally, at this point, I think we are all too old to be building attractions over who is "fly," who is cute, who has a pumped up ride or who has money and all that superficial things. I think it is time for us to think about and evaluate the more important things- like who comes from a decent and loving family, who has a good head on their shoulders, who has ambition, goals, a future and most of all... who can build a future with you and who you can build a future with. So there... it's pretty much basic and simple casual looks or professional looking outfit for me. Hope you like this casual one for a change...



xx, JL

No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say.
So, send in your love.

xx
JL