Jun 27, 2013

The Name of the Game







Sequined Crop Top: H&M | Shorts: Wearelse | Silver Wedged Pumps: Gold Dot | Bag: Chloe 

And so the saying goes, "It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere." I have been receiving a lot of comments from people about how happy I have been looking lately. Some would attribute it to the fact that is probably because I am in a great and loving relationship without drama- which is true, partly. It is mostly because I have found my groove back--- it is like proactively I chose happiness (and yes, this happened even before the boyfriend because ultimately I do not think you cannot be happy with someone else unless you are happy with yourself) and choosing such route and way of thinking (in other words, having a sweet disposition) is probably also why I got to where I am right now, with a great and gorgeous boyfriend who accepts me in my totality, as I do respect and value him. Wasn't it Carrie Bradshaw who said, “The most exciting, challenging and significant relationship of all is the one you have with yourself. And if you can find someone to love the you that you love, well, that's just fabulous.” 
 And THAT is exactly how I am now- at this point- FABULOUS! 

I wore this on one of  our date nights (which I have come to value, since I love spending time alone with my boyfriend). We were to watch a movie and I wanted to be casual while at the same time, inject some wow factor in my outfit and the secret to that was METALLICS. The sequined top, the shimmery hot pants and the silver pumps all worked together to bring the look together... glam but not trying too hard. It was the perfect outfit for the perfect night!








Allow me to point out that, ultimately, we are the wellspring of our own happiness. Our happiness resides within us. No one else and nothing else can give it to us. External factors may only amplify it but not create it. We may try to find all kinds of things outside ourselves to fill us up, and make us happy, but they are all short-lived. We think success, recognition, money or prestige will do it for us. They're nice, for a while, and the feeling lingers that something is missing. This does not mean a happy person cannot have all these accoutrements of success---  one can. Happiness, however, is not a result of these symbols of success. 

 Happiness is ethereal. It only dwells within, and when we seek it, it becomes more elusive. We all have the opportunity to open ourselves to the happiness that is ourselves and not try to fill ourselves with substitutes for happiness.












xx, JL

No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say.
So, send in your love.

xx
JL