Jun 6, 2013

So Called Chaos







Blazer: Mango | Top: Topshop | Pants: Zara |  Bag: Balenciaga | Shoes: So! Fab | Pearls: Mikimoto | Sunglasses: Prada



I am probably one of the few people who actually enjoy suiting up, I must confess. Some people find it such a hassle but I find the whole concept of power dressing quite enjoyable and I just love mixing and matching articles of clothing to come up with a coherent and put together over all look. It's classic, clean and with a hint of neurosis, which I have said is the perfect definition of myself. 




This time, I decided to go all Lady in Red by wearing a red on red suit, with a perfectly tailored peplum top in black as my inner blouse to break the monotony of the look. I put up my hair in a clean chignon as I was heading to a very important meeting and of course whipped up the classic oversized sunnies from Prada, an essential for day time affairs for me. Not to mention, I reckon I pegged The Devil Wears Prada with this outfit, Miranda Priestley would be proud of the very intentional homage.

When people ask me what I do, I usually have such a hard time explaining every facet and job description of my work that I tend to go for the easier route: "I'm a juggler." This is of course pretty accurate since I have so many things I do and am committed to and I tend to be on the rotation when it comes to work because it never is just for one thing. It is pretty enjoyable and my life is still very much like dress up, where certain work things entail me to wear anything from a three piece tailored suit to a fun pink tulle tutu and cat ears. 
How is that for diversity?





Jaime Cohen once commented on the funny trait of contradictoriness which is common in most of us and allow me to share it with you as I know it helped me view things in another perspective, "We are in such a hurry to grow up, and then we long for our lost childhood. We make ourselves ill earning money, and then spend all our money on getting well again. We think so much about the future that we neglect the present, and thus experience neither the present nor the future. We live as if we were never going to die, and die as if we had never lived" 

Yes my life is full of contradictions but I would not have it any other way. I am happy and fulfilled with everything I do, and I do believe I am making a contributions with my endeavors. Ultimately, isn't that what our twenties are supposed to be all about? Exploration, self discovery and... juggling as much as we can? I have long decided to be open to anything that comes my way, not to be to rigid and close minded to the plan I have set out and to accept any opportunity that would come along, as long as I enjoy it. I think that is quite an age appropriate approach at this stage. It may be filled with so-called chaos, but that beats the heck out of never trying. 

xx, JL

















No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say.
So, send in your love.

xx
JL