Jun 24, 2013

Ready to Rise



Pink Satin Maxi Dress: Arden B | White Studded Ankle Strap Heels: Charles & Keith | Bow: Archeology, Rockwell | Floral Sunglasses: Forever 21 | Woven Bag: Mango | Rings: Forever 21 


When you recover or discover something that nourishes your soul and brings joy... care enough to make room for it in your life. 
-Jean Shinoda Bolen

I am constantly juggling between so many activities, I feel as though I have no time to rest or at the very least, touch base with the real world. On days which are a bit more busy than usual, I make my fashion choices the least of my worries and I try to make my outfit as fuss-free and easy to wear as possible. This is the magic of the maxi dress. It makes all the decision making easy, and it is perfect as you transition from one errand to the next. I think it is a plus size that the color is pink and as you know that always uplifts my mood.








Realization: When we are constantly rushing around and busy, we are in special need of nourishment (a few more hours sleep, a day off even--- isn't bad for us and does not put on weight). When we are moving so fast, all to often, we have difficulty glimpsing those things that are nourishing to us as we speed by. Think of it as one of those car ads on TV where the cars are careening and flying through absolutely gorgeous landscapes. Do you think they are noticing the landscape? I hope not, since at that speed, it could be very dangerous to take your eyes off the road (...and our lives are a bit like that, are they?)






Yet, there are things that nourish us- a massage, a pedicure, rose scented spray, fresh flowers, a favorite movie, a good book... or in my case, a stroll in a park,. The list is endless. We just have to care enough about ourselves to make room in our lives for those things that nourish us.







xx, JL

No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say.
So, send in your love.

xx
JL