Sep 1, 2013

Lady In Red

 







I always love dressing up. I am one of those people who absolutely love purchasing fancy and party hearty dresses and end up hoarding them and keeping them in my closet, praying for an occasion to wear it. Of course, when an occasion calls for it, I find myself with a stack of choices that I can't even decide what to wear anymore. I changed about four times before finally picking this.For this night, I decided to spice things up with a coral red toned peplum dress with exquisite details, it is very much of a holiday dress and do expect the release of this just in time for the Yuletide festivities from Glitterati.






How do I go about dressing myself up for swanky occasions- this being the 55th birthday of my mom- you might wonder? Well, since I basically always try hard in picking my ensemble for special events, I always start by looking for a peg and setting a theme for the look I want to come up with. As much as possible, I try to be coherent in various aspects and everything is organized down to the last detail (even my hair and makeup)... I am OCPD that way and for lack of a better term: a control freak. What can I say? Classic and clean with a hint of neurosis are my identifiers. Since I love dressing up- why not put all the effort right?







That is about all for now. I have been getting a lot of queries on how to differentiate Cocktail, Formal, Semi-Formal etc. and allow me to dive into that topic in another entry. For now, I do hope you like the outfit. It is a bit revealing and shows a lot of skin but the classic peplum design and of course, elegant styling and excessorizing is what separates an outfit from being classy and not trashy.








 

xx, JL

Anyway, here are some photos from the night...







....and then the food...






Now, WHAT INSPIRED THIS LOOK?



_____________________________________________________

On another note, I will be at the 
MANILA SUNDANCE BAZAAR 
on September 6-8!




From the creators of Coachella Bazaar of Rockwell comes Manila Sundance Bazaar, a new and startup bazaar event that aims to set apart from the current bazaars. It aims to be something likened to a FASHION FESTIVAL, a culmination of shopping good fashion, eating good food, watching good films and listening to good live and non-live music -- all at a reasonable price. It also aims to be a recurring, yearly event.
Launch of this bazaar will be from September 6 – 8, 2013 (Friday – Sunday), at Metrotent, Ortigas. 
Featured brands are Vanilla Breeze Clothing, Tutum, INDIE-GO, Perfect Fit Shop and NUDO Swimwear (who also is a major sponsor
of this event). 
Entrance fee is 50 PHP only.



No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say.
So, send in your love.

xx
JL