Sep 25, 2013

... And you’re gonna hear me roar










Cool Print Knit Sweater in Mustard: Zara | Pencil Denim Skirt: Zara | Cat Ear Riding Hat: Zara | Bag: Lannel Boutique | Color Block Ankle Strap Shoes with Acrylic Heel: Charles and Keith







I used to bite my tongue and hold my breath
Scared to rock the boat and make a mess
So I sat quietly, agreed politely
I guess that I forgot I had a choice
I let you push me past the breaking point
I stood for nothing, so I fell for everything

You held me down, but I got up
Already brushing off the dust
You hear my voice, you hear that sound
Like thunder gonna shake the ground
You held me down, but I got up
Get ready cause I’ve had enough
I see it all, I see it now

I got the eye of the tiger, a fighter, dancing through the fire
Cause I am a champion and you’re gonna hear me roar
Louder, louder than a lion
Cause I am a champion and you’re gonna hear me roar

- Katy Perry, ROAR








I am officially a cat person, if you do not know yet, I am in love with my cat-daughter Chloe (who btw has her own IG and Twitter: @queenchloe_cat because she is  just so amazing and prissy and entitled like that) I am absolutely obsessed with her and I think my outfit choices are being subconsciously influenced by my constant exposure to my little furry friend. Well, to be fair, even before I got a cat, everyone was always already commenting on how I have the Puss-in-Boots eyes working for my favor, which I use to get what I want, which is like most of the time, actually. But this time, I reckon I took it to a grand level...with the hat, which was to die for and I knew I had to have it when I saw it on display on one of spontaneous post-workout express retail therapy sessions of Domz, which is to us essential like stretching. Didn't someone say shopping is cardio?I mean, hey, if it burns calories, sign us up!








  Anyway, I built this outfit in a span of 30 minutes or less. The shoes came first. Domz and I have decided to proactively boycott platforms for the time being, because we feel it's just too mainstream for us so we are basically going on this major hoarding and searching for the perfect ankle strap non-platform pair of shoes. When we saw this, we knew we had to have it and granted that I am always the more flamboyant between the two of us, I decided to buy the louder version which had 4 colors which technically makes it a rainbow color blocked pair of shoes. My rationale: It can go with everything! My FOSSIL got the cobalt blue and black version of this and I am quite sure you will be seeing how she will totally rock her pair in her blog entries to come. Naturally, Domz and I again as always said that when shopping we always get the different color or shade of the same style to be more practical. Since we are both size zeroes and XS in clothing and we have the same shoe size (6 1/2-7), we can always do a clothes swap. We've been saying this since May of last year and its been four seasons... more than a year and a lot of blog entries later, and THAT has never happened yet. I think we need to come up with a challenge where Dominique has to make me wear an outfit styled by her and I make her wear one I come up with. Perhaps complete with hair and makeup... it's like playing dress up... but better because we'll be each others living dolls Maybe when we have time to spare, we can play. We'll see...









This blog is appropriately titled after Katy Perry's new song ROAR which fits my outfit, given I had the kitty cat peg going on. I always loved Katy Perry's songs more than any female pop singers because I feel she gets me. I mean Firework is still my theme song and I still always belt out to that every chance I get and on multiple occasions hold a mini-concert when that song plays during Music Trivia night, with the help of a drink of Vodka Cran... or two...or five. 




It's about BEING-IN-CHARGE. Nellie McClery once said, "Never retract, never explain, never apologize... get the thing done and let them howl." There are so many levels on which one could respond to this quote. At one level, it seems like advice on how to be a bulldozer and run down anyone who offers opposition. (Cue in Miley Cyrus' Wrecking Ball) I don't recommend that.





At another level, one can zero in on the time lost in explaining, retracting and apologizing, while the house is burning down. There's a stabbing in the senate, let's all go and retract everything. We epitomize everything that is wrong with society, let's waste time and explain why we choose to live and behave in such ways. Apologies are so overrated anyway. If you truly are concerned and responsible, don't do something to be sorry for. Otherwise, live your life the way you want it. As long as you are not hurting anyone or committing a crime, why must you explain, apologize for or regret anything? There is something to be said for just moving ahead. I'm just telling you stories, trust me. And at yet another level, when we clearly feel the direction we must take and the job we must get done, there is a certain serenity that emerges when we are truly willing to "let them howl." How wonderful that every issue has so many levels of truth. That makes life anything but dull.

 

xx, JL

PS: Drop by my ask.fm page and ask me a question. NO DRAMA. Strictly fashion, lifestyle, beauty questions only. Praises are also welcome. (Haha)


No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say.
So, send in your love.

xx
JL