Sep 7, 2013

Chaotic Resolve












Red Blazer: Mango | Floral Chiffon Blouse: The Posh Wardrobe | White Skirt: Zoe Phobic | Ankle Strap Shoes: Zara | Red Frame Sunglasses: Mango | Satchel Bag: Celine









Workaholism is something I am very familiar with. I am the "how does she do it" woman in every way, which is good except for the fact that it gets in the way of my health, among other things. You see, workaholism, just like other addictions, is intergenerational. Many of us have learned it at home (in my case from my overachieving mother and father), and we cannot even imagine any other way of being in this world. Work took precedence over everything in my household and family. I was taught, at a young age to live the Ora et Labora (Latin for Prayer and Work) way.  In a way, I only allowed myself fun after the work was done, and the work was never done. Being the OC person that I am, I could only relax and take care of my personal needs when the chores were completed and everything had been straightened up. And when that was done, I found myself much too tired to do anything else.












Work was always tied to the necessities of life, getting ahead, fulfilling the dream, and these ideals justified anything. I learned my lesson and allowed myself to relax and to let go of certain things. See every now and then, always wanting to do more and be more leaves you burnt out. I learned my lessons well, and now have the opportunity to break that intergenerational chain of workaholism. As always, everything in excess is always a bad thing. Work, is not an exception. I had the chance to be different and I learned my choices, and chose well.

xx, JL

No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say.
So, send in your love.

xx
JL