Jan 21, 2013

When I Dream






And when I dream, it's not of you, no
And when I call, I wonder, I do
I run, yeah I run, but you follow
Drop to my knees but you haunt me more
And when I dream, it's not of you





What do you need to claim a victory?
Not every right that I leave on
Does it have an end that you see?

Dress: Custom Made for Glitterati 
 Shoes:  CMG | Bag: Chanel


Confession #1: I am in love with Ra Ra Riot and absolutely cannot wait for the release of their new album Beta Love.  This probably explains why I am posting two consecutive Ra Ra Riot songs as my blog post titles because I am absolutely obsessed with them. Confession #2: I am obsessed with Anne Hathaway, ever since she stepped in the Oscars red carpet in a Red Grecian Marchesa goddess dress, I knew a fashion icon was in the making. And so to honor this style icon, I decided to dress up as somewhat a tribute to her for my Dad's birthday dinner last December. 





He loves red, and so, it was fitting that all the girls were garbed in red dresses as a self-imposed theme.Check out our group photo as we were dressed all in a scarlet hue...



I was so obsessed with her entire look, I decided to emulate it down to the hair and makeup----



This was my inspiration for the night and I can only hope I did it justice....

Anyway, I know I rarely respond to comments on my blog, although I love you all for still leaving them. If you want a faster way for me to answer your queries, do hit me up with a question on ask.fm. My profile is http://www.ask.fm/joannaladrido ... I am warning you though there has been a influx of rude comments that I try to answer with as much diplomacy as I can... I am taking it with a grain of salt and laughing it all off since most comments are all to familiar... I call it deja poo..meaning...I've heard all this crap before already...although there are some very meaningful questions there too and I really take my time to answer them as honestly as possible...

In light with this, let me talk about the subject of conflict... As we all know, and as I always remind myself, 'Conflict is inevitable. Fighting is a choice.' 

Conflict IS an inevitable thing in our lives. We feel conflicted over a choice we must make, and the conflict is within. We feel strongly about the way a decision must go, and we are in conflict with our peers. Some of us believe that there are only two options when conflict arises: We must either roar like a lion and impose our will or back off like sheep and give in (and maybe subtly try to impose our will.) Let me tell you this: Neither choice has much to say for it. 

What we fail to understand is that there is another option (and Thank Goodness for that!). We can check out what is going on inside of is. We can listen to what others are saying. We can get clear with ourselves and see what we have to learn.
It is always nice to take a step back and look at the situation in another way, from another point of view!

xx, JL


PHOTOS FROM THE NIGHT....


1 comment :

  1. I just could not depart your website prior to suggesting that I extremely
    enjoyed the standard information an individual supply on your visitors?
    Is gonna be back frequently in order to check up on new posts
    Take a look at my webpage ... weight management Miami

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you have to say.
So, send in your love.

xx
JL