Jan 5, 2013

State of Grace







This is a state of grace
This is the worthwhile fight
Love is a ruthless game
Unless you play it good and right
These are the hands of fate
You're my Achilles heel
This is the golden age of something good and right and real


Dress: The Posh Wardrobe | Cape: Romwe | Shoes: So Fab | Bag: Chanel

This was what I wore for a family event wherein I had to participate in the blessing and ribbon cutting of a new plant we opened. I wanted to pull of sweet and sassy, and what else could achieve that look than combining pastels, lace and peplum and add on a neutral cape (just in case it gets cold) to look more wholesome and more grown up. I adore this dress extremely. The color is absolutely refreshing (I love coral/salmon hues) and I knew I had to have it when I saw it as it was the sweetest thing.





It was December when I wore this outfit and coincidentally, I had to head on south in this outfit for my friend's wedding after the event and the cape was a great idea since Tagaytay especially at night during the Ber months is very cold. I also added my studded pumps from So Fab! (which I knew I had to get in every color) but in black to provide contrast to the look. 

 

I know it is such an extreme change from my last post, but as I have repeatedly said, i am quite fashion bipolar and when it comes to style, I never play it safe. Classic and sweet one day, black, rocker and goth the next. The thing is, I always love to experiment and never stick to just one look, to identify me. I think that's a good way of approaching the issue of dressing up, don't you think?




PS: Since I am a lazy morning person, I just played it safe and put my hair in a big bun, which is my go to look when I want to just rush out and still look all dolled up. the easy bun maker, is, I have to say, the best thing I have come across so far!



xx, JL

1 comment :

  1. Superb post however , I was wondering if you could write a litte more on this topic?
    I'd be very thankful if you could elaborate a little bit further. Thanks!
    http://startaidea.us/blogs/viewstory/27076
    Feel free to surf my website starring

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you have to say.
So, send in your love.

xx
JL