Dec 17, 2012

Love Lost


Our love was lost
In the rubble are all the things
That you've, you've been dreaming of
Keep me in mind
When you're ready
I am here
To take you every time








Leather Top and Brocade Pants: Zara | Bag: Chanel | Earrings: H&M | Watch: Rolex

 There are moments in life when you hope your decisions weren't rash. And moments where you just know. 

I am quite surprised the end of the year is looming, in 14 days, we welcome a new year and with a new year, comes in a few new beginnings. Or so they say. Fortunately for me, my new beginning came in a few months early and while at that time I felt as though chaos had taken over my life, I am thankful I was, in the end, able to ride the storm and emerge out of the rabbit hole...changed...stronger, braver and wiser. I celebrate this new sense of empowerment I have come to discover and I am quite happy to refocus and fine tune my life to living it out as much as I can by focusing on being at my prime and being accountable only to myself, for a change. For years, I realize, I always defined who I was by the people I was with. Now, I reckon, I am just being me and it is a take it or leave it situation. This is me... then...





 The greatest day in your life and mine is when we take total responsibility for our attitudes. That's the day we truly grow up. I am glad to say, I have matured quite profoundly this year. It's been a long journey from where I started out this year, and I'm glad I'm where I belong.




And what better way to celebrate this new found toughness than with leather? I loved this top the moment I found it because of the incongruous paradox of tough and sweet it represented (tough with leather, sweet because of the peplum cut), more so, it represented more than just an article of clothing for me, as it represented my life, somehow, which I have come to learn is the ultimate paradox of all. In other words, like this blouse, I am a living, breathing, walking paradox. But I am not complaining. I am basking in it and finding strength amidst the challenges.

John Lennon (I love the wisdom of people I share my initials with) once said, "Life happens when you're busy making other plans." You just have to live. Stop planning your moves. Let them happen. I mean, you might be surprised.

xx, JL

No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say.
So, send in your love.

xx
JL