Dec 20, 2012

Breakfast at Tiffany's






We belong to nobody, and nobody belongs to us. We don't even belong to each other. 

 

All Clothes and Accessories are by MANGO. 

When dressing up in the standard closet staple in every woman's closet aka. "The Little Black Dress," one cannot help but be reminded of the woman who popularized it and standardized the piece of clothing as a must have piece- Holly Golightly played by Audrey Hepburn in Truman Capote's cult hit, Breakfast at Tiffany's. I have to say, I have loved every Audrey Hepburn movie I have watched but this one, in particular is a favorite of mine. Maybe because I love Holly Golightly's self-acceptance as a damsel in distress, refusing any type of rescuing character. She was classy and grace personified and in a way, there was some wildness to her. No wonder she is endearing perhaps to everyone.




Anyway, this look was inspired by the movie and I tried to (as much as I can) modernized the iconic Breakfast at Tiffany's costume and make it my own: by trading the pearls and the tiara for a metallic belt,studded leather gloves and a patent bag. One element I could never eliminate however, are the cat eye shades, which I have come to realize are a must-have from Mango this year. In my earlier blog post, if you noticed, I wore the red version of this pair. I simply loved this look as it was a spinoff of an iconic look which I injected with elements of my personal style to make my own. 


 Like this look? Tis the season for your wishes to be granted.


Well I am pleased to announce that MANGO is currently ON SALE (UP TO 50% off) starting TODAY and you may drop by any Mango Store nearest you and shop for the FALL/ WINTER collection of Holiday dresses, casual wear, work wear, statement accessories and of course jewelry. Don't wait too long to visit though as I heard, things are flying off the racks faster than ever. If you don't have the time, do drop by Mango's ONLINE Store and shop away there- for your convenience, especially for those who wish to avoid the Holiday rush. I for one, have shopped for myself already and I absolutely love all my purchases. Do wait for them to appear in blog soon!

Let me end this entry with a quotation from the movie as said by Paul, the male protagonist of the film, 

"You know what's wrong with you, Miss Whoever-You-Are? You're chicken, you've got no guts. You're afraid to stick out your chin and say, "Okay, life's a fact, people do fall in love, people do belong to each other, because that's the only chance anybody's got for real happiness." You call yourself a free spirit, a wild thing, and you're terrified somebody's going to stick you in a cage. Well, baby, you're already in that cage. You built it yourself. And it's not bounded in the west by Tulip, Texas, or in the east by Somaliland. It's wherever you go. Because no matter where you run, you just end up running into yourself." 

Hope you enjoyed my Breakfast at Tiffany's inspired post! See you all at MANGO!

xx, JL

No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say.
So, send in your love.

xx
JL