Dec 12, 2012

DASH





 






Dress: Kardashian Kollection for Dorothy Perkins

I make mistakes, but I don't have any regrets. I'm the kind of person who takes responsibility for it and deals with it. I learn from everything I do. I work very hard, I have so many things going on in my life. Get to know me and see who I am.
- Kim Kardashian



Confession...My Absolute Guilty Pleasure: Reality TV Shows (I cannot seem to get enough of them) and when one mentions RealiTV, one cannot NOT MENTION Keeping Up With The Kardashians, THE REALITY TV SHOW of all REALITY TV SHOWS, and I for one, was absolutely always such a big fan. (Though I never really admitted to it until recently because it is another example of how bipolar my tastes can be...from being a National Geographic nerd to an E! enthusiast... my preferences tend to be severe!)

I love the Kardashians, as a brand, as I think they are quite smart businesswomen and loving sisters. I love how they've manage to grow an empire and are now officially EVERYWHERE! Kase in point, the Kardashian Kollection Kountdown for Dorothy Perkins.

Granted that I have been following the show since it premiered and have been quite a fan of the series and spinoffs, I knew that I had to wear with flair an outfit from the newly released capsule Kardashian Kollection for Dorothy Perkins when it was unveiled last month in select DP Stores, one of them being in Rockwell aka. my second home... (again, yes, I apologize for such a lagged post!) 



There were so much more finds (and I hoarded them all) so do proceed to select Dorothy Perkins Stores and get your hands on their pieces! 







Now what do I love about this dress? For one, it has the signature Kardashian flair aka. Kardashian Khaos in the form of vividly ferocious animal print (the Kardashian siganture style), gold accents and body con shapes. I knew the dress would call for major curve accentuation and I was more than willing to work it! Also, it brought out the wild one in me and I happily heeded to the call of the wild in my spots and animal prints. What is it about that saying that goes,  leopards not being able to change their spots? Well, here I am, back with a bang and fiercer, edgier and riskier than ever. This was the perfect dress to make MY STATEMENT (in the aftermath of the chaos and in light of the law taking precedence over everything) to say: "I AM WOMAN, HEAR ME ROAR!"


 




Finally, let me share to you, this---we may not like it but it really is important to stop every once in a while, get out of your own head and see the big picture. Actually, finding out that you’ve been looking at things all wrong can be sort of liberating. Then suddenly you see new potential, new possibilities where you’d never seen them before. And that's all fine when a hopeless situation suddenly looks good. Unfortunately, sometimes, for OTHER people it goes the other way.

Kardashian Kollection for Dororthy 

Perkins







The Kardashians sisters have been trying to break into the world of fashion design since 2010. Their collection for Bebe did fairly well but didn’t last long. Although they currently have an entire lifestyle collection at Sears, the Kardiashians have moved on to UK retailer Dorthy Perkins. Their latest endeavor features typical styles you would expect from a Kardashian including: bodycon dresses, billowy blouses with pencil skirts, printed blazers, and lots and lots of glitter, lace and leopard print. Shop the Kardashian Kollection here.





Behind The Scenes: KK for DP  
 





xx,JL
 

No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say.
So, send in your love.

xx
JL