Jan 13, 2015

We Found Wonderland


You’ll learn, as you get older, that rules are made to be broken. Be bold enough to live life on your terms, and never, ever apologize for it. Go against the grain, refuse to conform, take the road less traveled instead of the well-beaten path. Laugh in the face of adversity, and leap before you look. Dance as though EVERYBODY is watching. March to the beat of your own drum. And stubbornly refuse to fit in.

It's been a good 11 days since my last blog and I apologize for the lack of updates. The thing is- I wanted to make my blogs for this year extra special and amazing so I knew I had to actually make time for every outfit post. Until three days ago, I was actually quite distracted by other things (one of them, being video answers on Ask.fm which I found so much fun) and while my social media presence was actually quite very strong, unfortunately my blogging had to take a backseat. However, now that I am back, expect me to be back in full force... with guns blazing... I am excited to share with you my outfit and my thoughts for the year to come... so let's get started with this post...




Black Sweater: H&M
White Neoprene Cheerleader Skirt: Zara
Pink Rockstud Flat Shoes: Valentino
Pink Nightingale Bag: Givenchy
Pink Statement Necklace: Pretty Little Blings 



 Believe it or not, I am a big fan of bicycles...especially when I was young. My daily routine consisted of riding my bicycle around our village for hours (about 2-3 hours usually) and I loved it. Probably because I am an introvert so being alone, pedaling on my bike, getting lost in my thoughts with the wind grazing my face was always perfect. It provided for me a few hours of solitude... away from the maddening crowds and while the traffic situation and of course, the pollution and the many environmental hazards such as the numerous tall buildings being built near my village (PS: I live right next door to Century City Mall) oh and of course, the recently diagnosed heart problem...all prevent me from getting involved in cycling as part of the list of my daily activities (I do get to go spinning at the gym though, but not now... maybe when I am cleared to do it), I still crave for that experience. On the amazing day that I got to experience that again was a beautiful Saturday afternoon in a secret spot in Marikina and I was in such a happy mood that I knew I just had to do this playful outfit shot... complete with the bike, the flowers and the balloons. I had such a grand time that I actually wanted to buy the bicycle then and there and take it home with me. 




Now if you haven't already guessed it (if for some reason, you haven't seen a video clip of me singing and/or dancing to Taylor Swift songs or if you haven't seen any video answer on my ask.fm page), I am a seriously quirky girl. I know that I don't look it since most of my poses for my blog posts are always well calculated and thought of. Years of blogging has enabled me to master several "blogger poses" so I have the natural instinct to do these poses once a camera is aimed at me (another thing to add to my skills set, perhaps?) But that isn't really how I am 100% of the time--- since usually, I am my natural giggly, awkward and goofy self. I know that THAT would be hard to believe as I appear to always be prim and proper (as I was trained to be appropriate and observant of etiquette by my parents) but on default mode, I am actually more of a little child and the things that I do and come up with (especially when I am on a cafeine rush) are so ridiculous and of course, always video-worthy. Of course, only a select few are allowed to witness this happening live as I have to be really comfortable with you first. I have always thought that it would be a wonderful idea to see life and deal with life from a child-like point of view because that way, you never cease to be in awe and amazed. Christopher Meloni once said, "You can be childlike without being childish." and I think I tend to consider that saying in how I live my life. It's a rare thing especially since the world teaches us to be snobs and set out standards high that nothing tends to excite us anymore. While of course, the things I have decided to immerse myself in are more wholesome and more age-appropriate for me... that doesn't mean I have to also alter my usually comical disposition. I guess I do have a childlike sense of fun, and although I still have my dark days, I'm generally an optimistic person. The way things have gone in my life, sure, I could have been a bitter person. But I just find bitter people really un-fun, you know? And who wants to be that person?


So with that, I hope you learned a thing or two about me and while I am not prescribing the way I choose to regard and view things, I do hope that you would be encourage to call your own shots and live life on your own terms. 
Photos by: Celyn Jaravata

xx, JL

No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say.
So, send in your love.

xx
JL