Apr 30, 2014

Silent Lucidity


I have always loved summer. People complain about the intense heat and humidity but the temperature never bothered me... I guess it's because I love the sun and try to bask in it and savor every moment. I am so at peace whenever I see sunshine... I guess it has that effect of making things really bright and shiny for me. The bottom line is, as I have said repeatedly, bring me anywhere cold and I am not a happy girl. I guess living in a tropical country where: in the city the temperature never really drops at lower than 23-degrees Celsius, is the perfect setting for me. That being said, I am perpetually in praise of the sun. This day, I decided to celebrate being in a  tropical country by wearing this gorgeous print shift dress for a day of running errands. It has a tiny peek-a-boo cut-out detail in the side which reveals just the right amount of skin without being too vampy. I decided to wear it for the day since the print was just irresistible not to wear without the presence of the sun. Despite the cut-out detail, I think it was the perfect day dress... with an added detail to spice things up a bit... it is summer after all.















Wipe away the teardrop from your eye
You're lying safe in bed
It was all a bad dream
Spinning in your head
Your mind tricked you to feel the pain
Of someone close to you leaving the game of life
So here it is, another chance
Wide awake you face the day
Your dream is over... or has it just begun?

There's a place I like to hide
A doorway that I run through in the night
Relax child, you were there
But only didn't realize and you were scared
It's a place where you will learn
To face your fears, retrace the years
And ride the whims of your mind
Commanding in another world
Suddenly you hear and see
This magic new dimension

I will be watching over you
I am gonna help you see it through
I will protect you in the night
I am smiling next to you, in Silent Lucidity


Silent Lucidity, Queensryche




 Elizabeth Bowen once said, "The silence of a shut park does not sound like country silence; it is tense and confined" and this is precisely why I am so excited to leave the city and retreat to the island and live out the beach life for a week. It is a much needed time out...away from it all. You see, being the neurotic person I am, when I am not really dealing with my trying to do too much, I find that I am just silent... but not serene. I take a breather or rest when I feel overwhelmed but still I find myself tense and confined, basically like a park in the middle of a hustle and bustle city shut off from activity. Silence and serenity are two very different things. I find that serenity is more like having a "country silence" within. Serenity is an acceptance of who we are and an actual being of who we are. Serenity is an awareness of our place in the universe and a oneness with all things. You do not need to be sedentary to find serenity. Serenity is active- a gentle and firm participation with trust. Serenity is the relaxation of ever fiber of our being into who we are and a quiet celebration of that relaxation. Longingly, way back from my beach retreat, I remember accurately what it is like to have this kind of serenity within and I cannot wait to experience that again... and for that sense of knowing, I am extremely grateful.















Dress: Before Twelve 
(Owned by the amazing and funny Say Alonzo)
Blue Cabas Chyc Bag: Saint Laurent
Suede Wedges: Topshop








xx, JL

No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say.
So, send in your love.

xx
JL