Feb 15, 2014

In Search of Sunshine


Here is another one for my series of beach posts which I shall keep coming, if you do not mind. I have always had a deep connection with warm weather, a tropical atmosphere and sunshine... lots and lots of sunshine. I never liked the cold weather and developed quite an aversion to it (I try to avoid Tagaytay as much as possible except if it is a stop over for a beach trip and have not been to Baguio since I was 7, my first and last time.) The last time I was exposed to a cold climate was when I was caught in the middle of a sandstorm in -3 Degree temperature and I was basically clinging on to an umbrella in the town square which had turned out due to the severe winds. It was a traumatic experience, since the town seemed to shut down and here I was with only my brother, lost. Basically to sum it up: bring me in a cold situation and I am not a happy girl. Some people prefer going to the mountains or somewhere cold to reflect and re-energize and that is fine with me. Personally though, my place for solace and serenity has and always will be the beach. Luckily, I live in a country where a beach is about a 2-hour drive away and I am also blessed to have convinced my parents to invest in beach properties which I shall definitely use, as I go to the beach at least 10x a year. 





I had the privilege of visiting Pico De Loro for a long pre-birthday weekend and basked in the serenity of being away from it all. After all, how often can we say that our minds are "tranquil and wholly relaxed?" I now realize and recognize that time for solitude is just as important to my work as keeping informed, preparing collections and planning. After all, after having to learn it the hard way, I realized that physically and psychologically, I get frightfully sterile, dry and drained because most of the time, I am so quick, snappy and efficient about doing one thing after another that I have no time for my own ideas to come in naturally and develop and gently shine.








Indra Devi said, "Like water, which can clearly mirror the sky and the trees only so long as its surface is undisturbed, the mind can only reflect the true image of the Self when it is tranquil and wholly relaxed."  We have to give ourselves time. We have to give our ideas time. If we don't, neither we nor they can gently shine, and we end up incapable of hearing our inner process speaking to us. At the end of the day, I have to say with conviction that: Solitude is not a luxury. It is a right and a necessity.






Woven Hat with Neon Detail: H&M | Cropped Tied at the Waist Graphic Top: Zara | Mirror Aviator Sunglasses: Mango | Neon Yellow Sandals: Renegade Folk | Horizontal Cross Necklace: Etsy.com | Bikini (worn under): Glitterati | Acid Wash Green and Blue Beach Shorts: H&M | Neon Elastic Rubber Watch: O'Clock | Beaded Bracelets: Forever21 | Hamsa Black Bangles: Therapy 

Nail Color: Orly in Beach Cruiser


xx, JL

 ABOUT O'CLOCK WATCHES

The Italian watch that has taken Europe by storm has arrived in the UK. O clock watches are designed & manufactured in Italy; the brand already has something of a cult following in Europe.
The brilliance of O clock lies in it’s interchangeable concept. You not only build up a collection of practical, functional & aesthetically pleasing watches, the interchangeable faces & straps allows you to mix & match your look depending on your mood & your outfit. Other designs include some fabulously unique Disney designs for the adult market – original sketches of favourite characters. O clock is so much more than just a watch – it is also an object of design that is constantly pleasing to the eye. You will feel equally happy wearing this watch on the beach or in the office. The watches are extremely comfortable to wear, made from hypoallergenic silicon & come in three sizes. They can be worn loose like a bracelet or with a tighter fit.

O clock Disney comes with its own collectable tuna-tin and are still as interchangeable as the rest of the range. So Minnie can look just as at home in the red strap as she does in the white, or you can rock goofy in a slick black strap. The only limit is your creativity!!
 Want one? Well, you’ll have to be quick as these watches will be gone in no time at all.
Available at:  
Store Location:
The Deck (4th floor), Ronac Art Center, Ortigas Ave., North Greenhills San Juan, Philippines. Store Hours: 3-9PM Tuesday-Sunday 


You can also check TOMS Sandals at The Give Project SM Aura, SM Mall of Asia, Glorietta 1 and TriNoma.


Visit www.facebook.com/TOMSphilippines for more information.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say.
So, send in your love.

xx
JL