Aug 27, 2013

We Can't Stop

 



  


 Top: Zara | Printed Silk Trousers: Zara | Bag: YSL Cabas Chyc | Shoes: Zara | Jewelry: My Own Collection



I have noticed my wardrobe choices have gotten to be more and more mature and adult. while I would usually never see myself wearing this ensemble (which my mom gushed about when she saw it), evolving style and of course age apparently plays a major factor on one's outfit choices. Sad to say, I find myself letting go of my cutesy pieces and stick to the more classic ones. There has even more than one occasion I found myself owning the same article of clothing my mom has purchased (which is good considering I see her as my style icon), but it is also a major indication and symptom of this new stage in my life also known as growing up.






Naturally, along with age, comes the ability to discern. I now pick pieces I know are a good investment  - more or less something I would wear more than once. I find myself deviating from fads and trends now. I don't force myself into wearing something trendy because that's what everyone is wearing. I choose the trends I sport carefully and I don't work around the trend to be just like everyone else, I let the trend work according to my own style. Ultimately what's in and what's out no longer affects me. I am not into settling anymore- I've adjusted and my style is finally settling down.



 



Life is a series of adjustments, not compromises, because compromises always imply someone losing something and setting for something less than she wanted. If we think in terms of a against with adjustments to constantly changing circumstances, pressures and realities, we see just how marvelously skilled and talented we are. I admit, being the control freak that I am, I often do have a difficulty with adjustments. Wet have our lives planned out---down to each passing second, and any unexpected change, we view as a personal attack and fight against with "appropriate" vehemence. I got to thinking, maybe adjustments and our ability to adjust may be the key to making our lives easier, A popular saying goes, "It's a mark of leadership to adjust." Perhaps those who are in full control of their lives don't always have to have it their way. Maybe those who are truly in touch with themselves are the ones who have the vision to see what has to be done, and adjust. Sometimes we just need to get on with it. 




Roselynn Carter once said, "There is clearly much left to be done, and whatever else we are going to do, we had better get on with it." So what are you waiting for...?

xx, JL

No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say.
So, send in your love.

xx
JL