Jul 15, 2013

Weight of the World


 

  "That is all I want in life: for this pain to seem purposeful." 
- Elizabeth Wurtzel




Sheer Chiffon Button Down Dress: Forever21 | Shift Dress: Topshop | Bag: Furla | Necklace: Ever New | Neon iPad Case: Ever New | Neon Green Shoes: Poise



 







What I wore on a traditional day of juggling work and needing to be at many places at the same time. I was feeling a bit dreary which called for a lot of color to somehow brighten up my mood, even if it was just in my outfit. Best color to go for? Chartreuse, which is currently what i consider as my  favorite color as of the moment.






I was feeling quite dreary since I was experiencing an existential crisis of sorts. I have gotten so absorbed by work and the many roles I had to play that the tedium of day to day living had gotten to me. Do not get me wrong, I am still excited by all the possibilities opening up and the new things I am learning every day but I guess at some point, I had begun questioning if whether or not what I was doing (all of them, actually) was really making a difference or not. 



Sometimes, when we stop to reflect, we need to believe that the work we are doing has a meaning that is beyond the tedium of the everyday. In fact, if we cannot see some larger connection in what we are doing, we often experience a feeling of loss or emptiness.

 

Then I realized, we have to know, somewhere deep inside us, that even if what we are doing doesn't exactly seem to have a great cosmic meaning, the way we go about it and the interactions we have with others around our work can give it meaning beyond itsself. At the end of the day, we do have the possibility to make it sacred work. We can all make a difference... we just have to figure out how. 

xx, JL

No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say.
So, send in your love.

xx
JL