May 3, 2011

Tripolar







ST
YLEBIBLE.PH Blogger Challenge: Maxi Skirts
Joanna Ladrido

Blog: Only The Marvelous



What made you try this trend?
I always loved maxi skirts, its ability to lengthen and make your body seem taller. Also, it's a great alternative to trousers and jeans on days you want to be conservative.

How do you build your outfit around it?
The highlight of the outfit was this brightly hued, graffiti print, semi-sheer Moonshine skirt, which I paired with a basic tank top, as the cut was high-waist. The skirt had a lot of loud vibrant colors so I kept my top basic. I matched it with a patent neon purse from SM and tassel necklaces from +RUCKUS for a more bohemian look.




How do you style it to make the look your own?
Perfectly matched accessories! I am big into statement necklaces right now and the one I am wearing just worked perfectly with the look.

How do you balance your look to avoid making it look over-the-top?
Since my skirt was loud, I toned it down with a simple basic tank top in black. Aside from matching accessories and an equally bright purse, I kept everything else bare and simple.

How do you accessorize the maxi skirt trend?
The trick is balance. Pick out the focal point, if you want your top to be the accent, go for a simpler maxi skirt. If you want your maxi skirt to stand out, wear it with a basic top. Pick out accessories, which will highlight rather than contrast with the best aspects of the look.





Can you give tips on how to wear this trend?
Choose the right length, so you don't trip on your hem or have to hold it up when walking. Also, always pick a simple and basic top, so as not to make the skirt all dressed up and formal especially when you're wearing it for casual days.

How would you wear it during the day, night, to the beach, to a party, to work, etc.?
The day: I'd choose light-hued tones and a simple tank top.
For night or to a party: probably a skirt in black with studs and leather for the more rocker, edgy look, I am quite known for.
To the beach: I'd pair it with a bikini top, like a bandeau or a triangle top.
To work: I'd choose a more conservative top, perhaps a sleeved basic shirt or a button down—Carolina Herrera style.

Joanna wore a Zara tank top, a printed maxi skirt from Moonshine paired with a necklace from +RUCKUS, a Parisian by SM Department Store clutch and wedges from Topshop.


Check out how other bloggers wore them over at: http://www.stylebible.ph/

5 comments :

  1. your maxi skirt is gorgeous!
    and congratulations on the feature!


    Perfumed Red Shoes

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm a big fan of maxi dresses and skirts as well, esp. the printed ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I soo love this outfit! this is sooo summery, the skirt and necklace are love! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are my most fave blogger of all!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this skirt, omg !!!

    http://www.theupperfashion.com
    http://www.theupperfashion.com

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you have to say.
So, send in your love.

xx
JL