Oct 2, 2013

Sweet Nothing



 
 
 




Faded Denim Vest with Studs and Lace Detail: MUSE Fashion | Lace Bustier Dress: With Love Clothing | Pearl and Diamond Earrings: Mikimoto | Ankle Strap Two Toned Shoes: Zara | Stacked Pearl Bracelets: Forever 21 | Rosette Satin Clutch: Queen Street






So I put my faith in something unknown
I'm living on such sweet nothing
But I'm tired of hope with nothing to hold
I'm living on such sweet nothing


I love lace and soft hues. On days when I don't want to fierce and glamorous, I try to be sweet and wild in country fair inspired looks, case in point, this ensemble that I wore for a simple weekend. It was such a refreshing outfit, something to cleanse the palette from most of the black I have been wearing lately. My favorite part of this look is the lace bustier dress from With Love clothing which fit me perfectly. True to my style, I accented it with a faded denim vest which provided the perfect compliment for the lovely dress. Sometimes, a girl's got to keep it simple. I like to take a breather and take it easy on myself, sometimes. 

 



 




I've decided to let go of all drama and drop everything that stresses me out. It's about self preservation really. The art of nurturing oneself, you see, is not something taught in most universities or even in a good MBA (Masters in Business Administration) course. In fact, the art of nurturing oneself is rarely taught in families either. Yet, in this high-tech, high-information society, learning how to nurture oneself is absolutely essential for survival. Some of us have found that if we do a cursory job of nurturing ourselves, we can work even harder. Unfortunately, as I have learned the hard way, that is not nurturing oneself, that is protecting one's supply.






Nurturing oneself is allowing ourselves to stop, and in that stopping to allow ourselves to know what would be nurturing for us in that time and space, and doing it. There is no one standard or norm on how we can do this. You see, what was nurturing oneself at one point in our lives (in my case, I was able to do this by denial, projection and intellectualization) may not be nurturing at another. I realized that, at the end of the day, to nurture myself, I have to know and be myself each moment.








xx, JL

No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say.
So, send in your love.

xx
JL