Nov 2, 2012

Welcome To My Life






 
You don't know what it's like
To be like me
...To be kicked when you're down
To feel like you've been pushed around
To be on the edge of breaking down
And no one's there to save you
No, you don't know what it's like
Welcome to my life
Top, shorts and blouse: Zara | Shoes: Gifts Ahoy | Bag: Chanel

 Second day of the Superb by SuperSale Bazaar (I know, I know my posting has taken a quite a major back log, but you know where I'm coming from and I just wanted to take a short break from all the commotion going on). Anyway again, I am in Zara all the way. I love the brand's fall collection and given I rarely wear blue, this was a good break from the usual feminine and girly colors I subscribe to (oh, that or black). Subconsciously, the outfit was inspired by one of my closest friend's style, Kato. I think I've been spending too much time with her, her personal style is rubbing off on me... not that I am complaining, as she is quite the stylista, and she's a blast and a walking holiday all in one. 





The thing about having ties with people outside a specific industry is that it balances you and you realize there is a bigger world out there, not limited to the confines of cyberspace and social networking. I value my relationships with these people as they keep me grounded, and they teach me not to dwell too much on petty things, they allow me to have a life and be something else aside from being a "fashion blogger". They allow me to be me, in the fullest sense possible, and I happily take on different roles in my life- brandowner, designer, friend, sister, board director, philanthropist... the sky is the limit! I reckon I spend too much time with them (ie. Kato and Domz) that we started looking a lot like each other already. Suffice to say, we all have our unique funky styles, but I must digress and say they are major style influences for me, and I do end up channeling their style (against my will) on numerous occasions. Check out our photo below...



What to say about these two except that I absolutely love them? 

Coco Chanel once said, " The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud." So allow me to think aloud...

Here's a little bit of wisdom that has been getting me through the humdrum of daily life. I've been either enraged or melodramatic lately that these two themes have been quite observable to anyone I know and who follows me. I know, I know... my reactions have all been defense mechanisms but guess what, when you find out who has been saying so much crap about you and who has been terrorizing majority of your thoughts for weeks, you either become victim or vigilante. I've been bouncing back and forth either roles, and though it may seem petty to those who do not understand and to those who are quick to judge, allow me to elucidate:

(1) Put yourself in my shoes, and imagine how you would feel to know some people wished you dead... before a major surgery

(2) Think of how you would react if aside from being made into a mockery, your family is dragged into the picture and victimized as well. 

Most people will never get it, because this rarely happens to a lot of people, but the thing about being bullied is not a joke. People should not take these things lightly. And no, it is not a laughing matter. Its not drama or exaggeration, it's a serious and grave matter and only people who have gone through something similar would know the strength it takes to simply pull through these events.  To those who, despite everything, find this a laughing matter or actually go to the offensive (by making cheap blows regarding novel writing, cursing, condemning cosmetic use and further attacks via twitter...yes, I'm talking to you, kid, I think it's time to evaluate yourself and check yourself, cause you are wrecking yourself.) Life is a chain of choices. Making the correct one is never easy. Each of us deserves the freedom to pursue our own version of happiness. No one deserves to be bullied.

Here's something I'd like to share to everyone, in search for empowerment:

 When people hurt you over and over, think of them like sand paper. They may scratch and hurt you a bit, but in the end, you end up polished and they end up useless. Some people won't be happy until they've pushed you to the ground. What you have to do is have the courage to stand your ground and not give them the time of day. Hold on to your power and never give it away. Often the right path is the one that may be hardest for you to follow. But the hard path is also the one that will make you grow as a human being. Things will get easier, people's minds will change, and you should be alive to see it.

Photos from the day: 
 



xx, JL 
I love to SHOP at MANGO! 

No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say.
So, send in your love.

xx
JL